Looking for a speaker for your next event?
EWN has some of the brightest folks in the industry. If you are looking for a speaker for your event, we have you covered. Look through our list to find the right fit for your event, keynote, breakout, panel, or virtual event.
Leadership, Team Development, & Hybrid Training
Workforce & Qualification Management
Growing & Leading a Company
Knowledge Transfer, the Aging Workforce & Management of Change
- Company Transformational Topics
- Growing & Leading a Company
- Strategic Planning
- Industry Leader Panel Discussions
- Empowering People and Leadership Development
- Personal Development as a Leader
- Culture, Brand, & Marketing
- Advocacy, Motivation, Leadership
- Professional Development: Soft Skills, etc.
- Working With & Leading People Not Like You
- Social Media & Personal Brand
- Live Coffee with Jim & James Events
About Coleman Sterling
Coleman has carried multiple roles at EWN as far back as the days of burning course CDs in the garage. However, his leadership as CEO has taken EWN to new places. As a lifetime learner, Coleman has an MBA from Texas State University and an Executive Education Certificate in Intellectual Property and Business Strategy from Harvard University. Leading people and managing projects isn’t something that can easily be taught, and Coleman’s skills in both are reflected in the growth that EWN has had. Coleman believes that success does take some luck, but it hinges on being prepared in advance to seize the opportunity of that luck to succeed. His passion is to help global companies pinpoint and act on luck that comes along and identifying potential turning points with both opportunities and people.
About Geoff Isbell
Geoff has over 30 years of industry experience and including 15 years with EWN. As president, Geoff has served over nearly every department in EWN at some point or another. He is sought after for his insights and leadership as he listens to our industry and continuously leads the EWN teams to provide clients real solutions that aren’t always about a sale. He is a member of the ASME B31Q Technical Committee, the API RP 1161 OQ Working Group, the DCA Integrity Program Coalition, and the INGAA Foundation. He has spoken for the API, ASME, DCA, ANGA, SGA, NY State DPS, AGA, and more. Geoff is in his element when serving on panels and discussion committees where his skills and knowledge can follow practically anywhere the conversations go. He is an avid reader, metal craftsman, and passionate family man. He has implemented strategies from several of his favorite books (like Jim Collins’ “Good to Great”) to take EWN to new heights and can equip other industry leaders to do the same.
About James J. Cross
James has worked in the software industry for over 15 years. As CIO, he helped grow a startup company from nothing to a multimillion-dollar company. However, his true passions are people and brand. That led him to leading Brand, HR, and the entire company culture as Chief Culture Officer at EWN. He tasks himself with being responsible for both company culture and being our storyteller. James is co-host of the award-winning podcast and social media show Coffee with Jim & James. If you ask him about his education, he will skip to the fact that he is a certified mixologist because he believes the most important lessons he has learned are as a student of life. James can deliver a message that will rock your culture in the right direction and teach you how to get the most out of your team by moving them to places they didn’t realize they could or needed to go.
- Regulatory Compliance & Safety
- Education & Training & Understanding the Difference
- Women & Diversity in Leadership & the Industry
- Understanding and Leaning into Learning Styles
- Quality Management Standards & Systems
- Operations Risk Management
- Pipeline Safety Management Systems (PSMS)
- Pipeline Safety Culture
- Inspections & Being Audit-Ready
- Pipeline Safety Laws, Rules, & Regulations
- Continuous Improvement
- Performance Metrics
- Pipeline Safety
- Utility & Pipeline Operations
- Operator Qualifications
- Regulator & PHMSA Insights
- Understanding & Improving the Human side of Pipeline Safety
About Mayra Maese
As a well-known leader in the industry, Mayra has carried multiple positions at EWN in Education, Compliance, and Leadership. She has a commitment to educating and training the workforce at all levels, including understanding learning styles, diversity, development, and procedures. Her greatest passions include developing women in leadership and quality management standards in the company. She has led the EWN Education department to multiple accreditations and has served on the IACET-PNG for establishing accreditation standards for education programs for the oil & gas industry. EWN promotes women and diversity in our workforce and leadership, and Mayra is a key driver in their development. Mayra has been sought out as a speaker by numerous other industry associations, including the AGA, APGA, SGA, FNGA, and the GTI.
About Steve Allen
Steve came to EWN with a wealth of knowledge that he readily shares with the industry. Steve has a background that includes a degree from Indiana University, an MBA from Butler University, his CPA, and over 30 years in the industry. His experience includes time as the Pipeline Safety Director of the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission, National NAPSR Chair, PHMSA GPAC member, and time as a state regulator and inspector. Steve is a true pipeline safety evangelist and PSMS ambassador. As one of our most recognized speakers, Steve presents regularly on laws and regulations, PSMS, and Safety Culture. Steve is a member of multiple boards and committees, including currently serving on the APGA Board of Directors.
About Brian Dresel
Brian’s passion for pipeline safety began at the age of 12 when his stepdad was burned in a natural gas incident. Simply put, Brian believes that “What’s the right thing to do?” should be a part of every decision made regarding safety and procedures. Brian enters the room with over 30 years of experience in the industry from field employee to technical training and operator qualification manager for two major gas distribution operators. Brian's recent experience includes service with PHMSA, as a Central Region inspector and TQ instructor. With experience in both writing procedures and inspection, Brian is the perfect person to put in front of our industry’s Operators and Contractors to bring awareness to pipeline safety and procedures.
- Improving Your Training Programs
- Understanding Learning Styles of Your People
- Developing Courses & Exams for Your Training
- AR/VR and Other Advanced Training Methods
- Soft Skills & Other Professional Development
- Aligning Your Training to Industry Standards – B31Q, etc.
- Understanding Your People and Flexing Them
- Normalization of Deviance
- Bringing Relevance to Your Safety Program
- Using Various Software Systems and Making Them Work Together
- Using Data to Improve Your Safety Program
- Setting Your Teams Up for Success
- Leadership Development
- AOCs in Your Training Program
- AR/VR and Other Advanced Training Methods
- Soft Skills & Other Professional Development
- Organizational Change & Strategic Communication
- Instructional Design for Your Training Program
About Crystal Stromberg
Crystal lives and breathes education for the industry. She has a B.A. in integrative Studies with concentrations in Spanish, technical writing, and professional communication. She has spent years in the API 1161 Working Group and the ASME B31Q Standards Committee, as well as other association committees. For Crystal, it isn’t just about using the right there, their, and they’re. She is passionate about making sure workers in the industry are properly trained, and she makes sure that content is relevant, accurate, and attainable by the learner.
About Chris Isaacson
About Dr. Matt Joiner
- Utilizing SaaS Tools for OQ
- Leading in a Remote World
- Contractor Management
- Aligning Safety Programs to Regulations & Best Practices
- Asset Management Solutions
- Qualifications & Evaluations
- Relating to the Changing Workforce
- Pairing Compliance and Regulations to Training
- Bringing Field Experience to your Training
About Adam Tracy
After completing a B.A. at Purdue University, Adam has spent nearly 2 decades in the energy industry. He passionately spends time with companies to understand their problems and has a knack for leading them to fill gaps with smart solutions. That is the primary reason he leads our team of client success departments. Adam guides companies to think outside the box to improve their safety and compliance programs. That has helped him gain the trust and respect of numerous Operators in the industry. When he isn’t doing that, he puts on his real cape as a super-dad.
About Claude McKee
Claude comes from the roots of the natural gas industry as a pipeline welder. Along the way, he became a constant source of solutions for companies and eventually came to EWN. After years of leading our compliance department, he has turned his focus to leading our instructor program where he is hands-on with developing the program to effectively teach evaluators, workers, and more. As a speaker, Claude understands where you are, what your needs are, and where you need to go, and he has effectively led those discussions at places like TGA, MANGO, ANGA, and several other events.