API 1169 Exam Questions
How do I signup for the API 1169 test?
Answer: In order to take the API 1169 (Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification) Exam - you must be qualified. The requirements are based on work experience acquired within the last 20 years. Some Education and/or certifications might apply.
When can I take the API 1169 Exam?
Answer: API has set the exam schedule through the end of 2018. Each exam window runs for 2 weeks and registration deadline closes approximately 2 months prior to the exam window. All Exams have a duration of 3 hours. See below for exam dates:
- 2019 API 1169 Testing Schedule
- January 25 - February 8, 2019 (Registration Deadline: November 27, 2018)
- April 5 - 19, 2019 (Registration Deadline: February 1, 2019)
- August 16 - 30, 2019 (Registration Deadline: June 14, 2019)
- December 6 - 20, 2019 (Registration Deadline: October 4, 2019)
- 2020 API 1169 Testing Schedule
What should I expect on the API 1169 Exam?
API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspectors must have a broad knowledge base relating to construction of new onshore pipeline construction. This knowledge base includes (but not limited to) topics as inspector responsibilities, personnel & general pipeline safety, environmental & pollution control, and general pipeline construction inspection. (taken from the API ICP Body of Knowledge for API-1169). Certain standards & codes have been chosen by the American Pipeline Institute to be representative of best practices and those areas will be the focus of the API-1169 Certification.
- Read the full API-1169 Body of Knowledge.
- Reference Publications:
- API 1169, Basic Inspection Requirements - New Pipeline Construction, API 1110, Pressure Testing of Steel Pipelines, API Q1, Specification for Quality Programs, ANSI Z49.1, Safety in Welding, Cutting & Allied Processes
- CEPA Foundation/INGAA Foundation, A Practical Guide for Pipeline Construction Inspectors, CGA (Common Ground Alliance) Best Practices, INGAA, Construction Safety Guidelines, ISO 9000 Quality Management Systems - Fundamentals & Vocabulary.
- API 1104, Welding of Pipeline & Related Facilities - OR - CSA Z662-15, Oil & Gas Pipeline Systems
- There are also reference pages available during the exam. See a full list available via the API-1169 Body of Knowledge.
How should I prepare for the API 1169 Exam?
- Prep Classes are a thing of the past, in order to continue to work and study for API 1169, you should be preparing online.
- You will be expected to know a lot of information to become API 1169 Certified - knowing the right terminology is key.
- Start studying NOW. EWN's online Pipeline Inspector Training Program is the easiest way to get prepared to pass the API 1169 Exam.
- Take tests, retake tests, study, review sections as many times as you need to feel 100% comfortable with your API 1169 preparation.
- Hundreds of Pipeline Inspectors have taken our Pipeline Inspector Training Program in order to prepare - you should be next.